Friday, March 26, 2010

Yet another write for ten project...

Switch genders. What would you be doing with your life?

Switch genders? You got to be crazy. No way. No how.

Do you think I want to go through life having dirty old men (like me) look only at my boobs and ass? Nope.

I can cook, but I don't really like to. Do I want to be the responsible one for every lunch and dinner? Nope.

I know how to do my own laundry. But, again, I don't like to do it. Do the entire family's laundry? No way. I don't know how to sort clothes like a woman and I don't want to learn.

Crying is not my bag. Tearing up over some soap opera, some steamy romantic novel, or some picture of an ugly baby is just not me.

I have a hard enough time surviving on my male's salary. Do I want to do the same job for 75% of the pay as a woman. Nope.

I can currently get up, do my bathroom thing, get dressed and be out the door in 10 minutes. A woman? She takes longer than that to just comb her hair or make up her eyes. No thank you.

I hate shopping. I can't imagine spending 90 minutes in every clothing store at the mall in order to find an outfit that I don't need to put in a closet that has no room left to hang it.

Now, I must admit it would be nice for someone else to take out the trash every night, take the trash to curbside on Monday and Thursday nights, put gas in my car, remember to take my car when it is due an oil change, pay the mortgage, fix things that I break, and give me money so I can shop till I drop. But, change genders? Never.

Ladies, before you get your undies in a knot, remember this:

Stereotypes wouldn't be stereotypes if they weren't stereotypes.

No comments: